Page 1 of 1
This live interactive virtual classroom, delivered through Microsoft Teams aims to challenge professional thinking, values and beliefs that exist around safeguarding children with additional needs. To understand the risks and indicators associated with safeguarding children with additional needs.
Important Note: It is essential that you have completed the Safeguarding Children and Young People eLearning (or an equivalent CP/Safeguarding Awareness course) and the pre-course reading, prior to coming on this course (see additional information under full details), or you may be turned away.
Full joining instructions, This live, interactive training will be delivered via Microsoft Teams. There will be some links at the bottom of your confirmation email to the full joining instructions and guidance. This will include links to access the training. Please ensure you read these prior to the course start date and keep them in a safe place.
Please check your spam/junk mail folders for expected emails not showing in your inbox and take action to ensure these get delivered to your inbox in future.
Religious Education is the only curriculum area that has a locally agreed syllabus rather than a national curriculum. It is a subject that is has statutory regulation to support its teaching. East Sussex is embarking on a statutory review of the Local Agreed Syllabus and this is an opportunity for governors to be updated and to be able to put forward their perspective on the work that is currently underway to improve the standing and quality of RE teaching in the county.
This session for governors will:
• Give an overview of the Local Agreed Syllabus developments to support governors in their monitoring role
• Ensure that governors understand the statutory position of RE and collective worship in all schools
• Give an opportunity for questions and discussion around the proposals for the new Local Agreed Syllabus
• Share the timelines and plans for first teaching of the new syllabus
• Support governors to be able to support their schools with implementing the new requirements
• Update governors on the Ofsted Research Review of RE
For security reasons your session is about to expire. You will be automatically signed out in
To continue your session, select Stay Signed In.