The national Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Code of Practice applies to maintained schools and academies. It says in paragraph 6.3: There should be a member of the governing body or a sub-committee with specific oversight of the school’s arrangements for SEN and disability.
This session will provide governors with SEND responsibilities the knowledge to work effectively with the schools SEND Lead and ensure the governing body's repsonsibilities are being met.
The course is designed to be interactive with a mixture of presentation and group discussion, to update governors on current changes and
provide practical solutions to monitoring and reporting on the school's SEND responsibilities.
Information regarding new legislation for SEN will be provided and there will be an opportunity to share key implications of SEN Reforms and Ofsted expectations on school policy and practice.
The training will cover:
• Ofsted expectations for pupils with SEN and how this is reported in RAISE ONLINE
• National and local developments regarding current legislation for SEN
• The key implications these developments may have for schools
• How to support a school's SEN lead (SENCO), teachers and schools to implement and develop SEN Reforms
• An opportunity to share the SEN self review tool for schools
• Have an opportunity to share and discuss issues they have queries about or are facing in their schools
For security reasons your session is about to expire. You will be automatically signed out in
To continue your session, select Stay Signed In.