Managing Disciplinary and Complaints Panels, statutory responsibilities, working to school policies and keeping within the law! Understand timescales, who is involved and how decisions are communicated.
• Make sure delegates are able to inform their boards about Exclusions and Complaints Panels
• Ensure that governors/clerks are aware of their statutory responsibilities
• Ensure that the panel operates within the law
This course will include discussion, debate and scenarios for governors to consider.
By the end of the course, Governors and Clerks will:
• Know their role in managing exclusions and complaints.
• Have an overview of the exclusions and complaints procedures.
• Be able to handle exclusions and complaints effectively, aligned to policy and procedure.